How to remove Go.mail.ru (removal guide)
What Is Go.mail.ru?
Go.mail.ru is adware which can be dangerous to your PC. Once Go.mail.ru is installed it will set a new browser home page and bring various annoying ads to it. Go.mail.ru elements move into the system registry so it appeares to be not easy to get rid of such an app. Users typically download this harmful app in the package with various free software or with torrent files from the places they don’t know well. Inserting malware into various apps is probably a business the website owner runs allowing him to earn more. We advise you not to count on file downloaders too much – please remember that they typically do lots of really bad things – for instance, from setting a browser home page to downloading to your PC malware and viruses. Go.mail.ru belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Go.mail.ru Comfortably
There are numerous ways to remove Go.mail.ru from your computer. You can read the article entirely and use the effective method. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and run efficient Go.mail.ru Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a individual class of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus program that has Go.mail.ru in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and get rid of Go.mail.ru 100%, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes Go.mail.ru right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Go.mail.ru removing
Step 1. Uninstall Go.mail.ru from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Go.mail.ru in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Go.mail.ru from your browser
Remove Go.mail.ru from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Go.mail.ru” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Go.mail.ru removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Go.mail.ru from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Go.mail.ru removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Go.mail.ru from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Go.mail.ru removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Go.mail.ru from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Go.mail.ru?
Below you can find the useful recommendations that would help you prevent Go.mail.ru installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your friends and family members since they will definitely help you keep the computer safe and protected from Go.mail.ru and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading anything it would make sense to scan your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
100% Go.mail.ru Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware which easily deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete Go.mail.ru manually as well. It will provide the best level protection to your system due to daily updates of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab