How to remove Hivlog.win adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Hivlog.win?
Hivlog.win is malicious advertisement software that can infest your PC. After installation process is over Hivlog.win changes the home page and generates ads. Hivlog.win files move to the system registry and it’s not an easy task to get rid of such an application. This malicious app is typically downloaded together with free software, torrents, unofficial patches for video games and other shareware files. Actually, it is a way to earn more money for certain owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the build and promote it. You are advised to be attentive and careful with various file downloaders as very often they do a lot of unneeded things for example downloading harmful programs, intervening settings of your browser and so forth. Hivlog.win belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Hivlog.win Simply
There are several ways to get rid of Hivlog.win from your PC. You can look through the page completely and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch efficient Hivlog.win Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a individual kind of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antivirus tool that has Hivlog.win in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of Hivlog.win absolutely, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Hivlog.win right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Hivlog.win removing
Step 1. Uninstall Hivlog.win from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Hivlog.win in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Hivlog.win from your browser
Remove Hivlog.win from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Hivlog.win” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Hivlog.win removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Hivlog.win from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Hivlog.win removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Hivlog.win from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Hivlog.win removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Hivlog.win from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Hivlog.win?
Below you can see some recommendations which would help you avoid Hivlog.win installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those suggestions with your nearest and dearest as they will really allow you to keep the PC protected from Hivlog.win and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove Hivlog.win
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller which permanently removes all kinds of malicious applications including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove Hivlog.win manually as well. It provides the best level protection to your computer because it gets daily updating of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab