How to remove PConverter ads
What Is PConverter?
PConverter is malicious adware which can be dangerous to your PC. As you agree to install PConverter it will set a new home page of your browser and annoy you with advertisement. PConverter components get to the registry therefore it’s not an easy task to remove this application. This application is often downloaded in the bunch with some free software, torrents, different patches for video games and any other shareware apps and files. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to do content monetization in such a way by embedding malicious software into the archive with an app that will be downloaded by visitors. You are advised to be attentive with all kinds of downloaders because pretty often they do a lot of bad things like downloading malicious software, breaking settings of your browser and so forth. PConverter belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove PConverter Comfortably
There are numerous techniques to eliminate PConverter from your PC. It is better to examine the page till the end and choose the effective way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will delete the undesired software. According to my experience, it is better to download and use efficient PConverter Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a separate class of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has PConverter in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall PConverter completely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes PConverter right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual PConverter removing
Step 1. Uninstall PConverter from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PConverter in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove PConverter from your browser
Remove PConverter from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PConverter” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PConverter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove PConverter from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PConverter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PConverter from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PConverter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PConverter from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PConverter?
Here you will find the recommendations which would help you avoid PConverter installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your family and friends as they will certainly allow you to keep your computer protected from PConverter and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
Complete removal of PConverter
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller which easily removes all kinds of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to uninstall PConverter manually. It guarantees the best level protection to your system due to daily upgrade of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab