How to remove Search Manager easily
What Is Search Manager?
Search Manager is a harmful adware app. As Search Manager is installed it will set a new browser home page and add different annoying ads to it. It’s often a challenge to fully remove Search Manager because its components are stored in the system registry. This malware is often downloaded with some free programs, torrents, different patches for PC games and any other free files. Embedding dangerous programs into various builds can be a website owner’s business helping him earn more. We suggest that you not count on file downloaders too much – keep in mind that they usually do a lot of really bad things from changing the home page of a browser to downloading viruses and malware. By the way, Search Manager is true malware.
How to remove Search Manager Simply
There are several methods to uninstall Search Manager from your system. It is better to look through the article entirely and perform the effective removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run special Search Manager Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a separate class of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antivirus tool that has Search Manager in the signature base. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of Search Manager completely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Search Manager right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search Manager removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search Manager from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search Manager in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search Manager from your browser
Remove Search Manager from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search Manager” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search Manager removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search Manager from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search Manager removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search Manager from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search Manager removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search Manager from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search Manager?
Below you will find the recommendations that would help you prevent installation of Search Manager and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your family and friends just because they will really help you keep the PC protected from Search Manager and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Search Manager Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller which easily removes all types of adware and malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Search Manager manually as well. It provides the highest level of safety of your computer thanks to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab