How to remove Search Secretly effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search Secretly?
Search Secretly is a malicious app that belongs to adware applications. After installation process is over Search Secretly immediately changes your home page and creates ad pop-ups. It’s often a serious challenge to entirely delete Search Secretly because its components and files are saved to the registry. Users often download this malware in the package with shareware applications or with torrents from the places they don’t know well. Embedding dangerous programs into various apps is probably a business of a website owner allowing him to get more money. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the necessary file, but it also installs various ad offers which are known to any user: bad software with annoying ads popping up in a browser window, redirected links, programs that change browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, Search Secretly is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search Secretly Comfortably
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Search Secretly from the PC. It is better to look through the article entirely and use the effective way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to find and run effective Search Secretly Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus tool that has Search Secretly in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search Secretly absolutely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes Search Secretly right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search Secretly removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search Secretly from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search Secretly in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search Secretly from your browser
Remove Search Secretly from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search Secretly” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search Secretly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search Secretly from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search Secretly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search Secretly from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search Secretly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search Secretly from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search Secretly?
Here you will find the useful recommendations that would help you avoid installation of Search Secretly and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those suggestions with your friends and family members as they will certainly help you keep the PC safe and protected from Search Secretly and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes which are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of Search Secretly
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator which easily removes all types of adware and malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to uninstall Search Secretly yourself. It will provide the highest level of protection to your system because it downloads regular updating of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab