How to remove (uninstall) Adf.ly ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Adf.ly?
Adf.ly is a harmful advertising program. As adware is installed it will change the home page in browser and bring a lot of annoying ads to it. As this harmful app is stored in the registry of your system it’s not that simple thing to delete this adware on your PC. This malicious app is usually downloaded with free programs, torrents, unofficial patches for computer games and other shareware files. Owners of websites may try to earn that way and embed malicious software into the installation file of an application downloaded by users. It makes sense to be attentive and careful dealing with all kinds of file downloaders because quite often they do lots of bad things like downloading harmful programs, breaking settings of your browser and so forth. Adf.ly belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Adf.ly Simply
There are several methods to remove Adf.ly from the system. You are welcome to examine the article till the end and choose the effective way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the undesired software. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch effective Adf.ly Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a separate class of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antimalware that has Adf.ly in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Adf.ly completely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Adf.ly right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Adf.ly removing
Step 1. Uninstall Adf.ly from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Adf.ly in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Adf.ly from your browser
Remove Adf.ly from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Adf.ly” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Adf.ly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Adf.ly from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Adf.ly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Adf.ly from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Adf.ly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Adf.ly from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Adf.ly?
Below you will see some useful recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Adf.ly and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our advice with your friends and family members just because they will really allow you to keep your PC safe and protected from Adf.ly and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the common mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Adf.ly Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which easily and quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to uninstall Adf.ly manually. It guarantees the best level security to your computer because it gets daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Adf.ly (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab