How to remove (uninstall) AdPeak easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is AdPeak?
AdPeak is an advertising app which can be harmful to your PC. After installation this virus quickly changes the home page and creates popping up advertisement. As this malicious app is located in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to delete this adware from your computer. A typical situation for getting virus to to the computer is cases when you download a program or anything else from from a new source or any other website offering free content. Frankly speaking, it is a way to get more money for some owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the installation file and thus promote it. It’s worth being careful with different downloaders because they often do many unneeded things like downloading malicious software, changing settings of your browser and so forth. AdPeak belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove AdPeak Simply
There are a lot of ways to uninstall AdPeak from the computer. You are welcome to read the page entirely and use the effective removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run special AdPeak Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a separate class of computer infections is the most effective. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has AdPeak in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove AdPeak completely, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes AdPeak right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual AdPeak removing
Step 1. Uninstall AdPeak from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain AdPeak in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall AdPeak from your browser
Remove AdPeak from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “AdPeak” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use AdPeak removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall AdPeak from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use AdPeak removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall AdPeak from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use AdPeak removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall AdPeak from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from AdPeak?
Here you can find some useful recommendations that will help you prevent installation of AdPeak and issues with browser. Feel free to share our advice with your friends and family members as they will really help you keep the PC safe and protected from AdPeak and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
How to fully remove AdPeak
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator which easily and quickly deletes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete AdPeak yourself. It will provide the highest level of security to your computer thanks to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall AdPeak (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab