How to remove (uninstall) Aurora easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Aurora?
Aurora is malicious software belonging to advertising software. As you let adware install it will change the home page in the browser and irritate you with ads. Virus components are saved to the registry so it turns out to be not an easy thing to delete this app. A typical example of downloading virus to your PC is when you try to download a song or anything else from from a new source or any other site offering free software. People who own websites from time to time try to monetize content that way by embedding malicious software into the installation file of an app that will be downloaded by users. It makes sense to be attentive with different download assistants because very often they do lots of annoying things like downloading malware, breaking settings of your browser and so forth. Aurora belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Aurora Simply
There are numerous ways to uninstall Aurora from the computer. It is better to examine the page completely and use the effective way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run special Aurora Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a individual type of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has Aurora in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Aurora completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Aurora right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Aurora removing
Step 1. Uninstall Aurora from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Aurora in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Aurora from your browser
Remove Aurora from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Aurora” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Aurora removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Aurora from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Aurora removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Aurora from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Aurora removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Aurora from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Aurora?
Below you can find some recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Aurora and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your nearest and dearest as they will certainly allow you to keep the computer secured from Aurora and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove Aurora
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator that quickly removes all types of malicious applications and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not delete Aurora yourself. It guarantees the best level protection to your system thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Aurora (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab