How to remove (uninstall) AVBoost adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is AVBoost?
AVBoost is a harmful advertising application. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and add various annoying ads to it. It’s often a great challenge to completely remove this virus as its components are saved to the registry. Users often get such malicious software in the package with free apps or with torrent files from the places they are not sure about. Adding dangerous programs into different builds could be a website owner’s business letting him earn more. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the needed file, however it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to all users: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, programs changing browser homepage etc. By the way, AVBoost is true malware.
How to remove AVBoost Comfortably
There are a lot of methods to uninstall AVBoost from your system. You are welcome to read the article till the end and choose the needed method. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will uninstall the unwanted program. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and use special AVBoost Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antivirus tool that has AVBoost in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall AVBoost 100%, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes AVBoost right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual AVBoost removing
Step 1. Uninstall AVBoost from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain AVBoost in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall AVBoost from your browser
Remove AVBoost from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “AVBoost” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use AVBoost removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall AVBoost from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use AVBoost removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall AVBoost from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use AVBoost removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall AVBoost from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from AVBoost?
Below you can find the useful recommendations that would help you avoid installation of AVBoost and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our advice with your family and friends just because they will definitely allow you to keep your computer secured from AVBoost and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. However, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove AVBoost
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller that permanently deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete AVBoost yourself. It provides the best protection to your computer thanks to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall AVBoost (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab