How to remove (uninstall) BetterWorld effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is BetterWorld?
BetterWorld is a dangerous adware app. After installation process is over this virus quickly changes the browser home page and brings ad pop-ups. Virus components get into the registry so it is not an easy task to uninstall this app. A usual situation for obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from torrents or any other website offering free software. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for some website owners – they add harmful apps into the build and promote it. A file downloader is an application providing you with the needed file, however it also installs different ad offers which are known to any user: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, links with bad redirections, applications that change browser starting page and so on. Not to exaggerate, BetterWorld is a realy malicious application.
How to remove BetterWorld Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall BetterWorld from the computer. It is better to read the article till the end and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the undesired program. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch efficient BetterWorld Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antivirus program that has BetterWorld in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall BetterWorld absolutely, you can install it using this button.
- It removes BetterWorld right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual BetterWorld removing
Step 1. Uninstall BetterWorld from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain BetterWorld in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall BetterWorld from your browser
Remove BetterWorld from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “BetterWorld” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use BetterWorld removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall BetterWorld from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use BetterWorld removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall BetterWorld from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use BetterWorld removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall BetterWorld from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from BetterWorld?
Below you will see the tips that would help you prevent installation of BetterWorld and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your family and friends since they will really allow you to keep the PC secured from BetterWorld and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and get the app they need. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove BetterWorld
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all kinds of malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to uninstall BetterWorld manually. It will provide the best safety of your system because it downloads regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall BetterWorld (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab