How to remove (uninstall) Clean My Chrome effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Clean My Chrome?
Clean My Chrome is malicious advertisement software that can infest your computer. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and bring various annoying ads to it. Since this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it’s not that simple thing to remove this adware from your PC. This software is typically downloaded together with some free software, torrent files, unofficial patches for video games and any other shareware apps and files. Owners of websites sometimes attempt to earn in such a way by adding malware into the archive with an app downloaded by visitors. We recommend you not to count on downloaders too much – keep in mind that these apps often do lots of unwanted things – for instance, from setting a home page in your browser to infesting your system with viruses and malware. By the way, Clean My Chrome is true malware.
How to remove Clean My Chrome Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Clean My Chrome from the system. You can read the article entirely and perform the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to find and run effective Clean My Chrome Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a single class of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to download any other antivirus software that has Clean My Chrome in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Clean My Chrome completely, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Clean My Chrome right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Clean My Chrome removing
Step 1. Uninstall Clean My Chrome from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Clean My Chrome in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Clean My Chrome from your browser
Remove Clean My Chrome from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Clean My Chrome” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Clean My Chrome removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Clean My Chrome from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Clean My Chrome removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Clean My Chrome from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Clean My Chrome removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Clean My Chrome from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Clean My Chrome?
Below you will see some recommendations that will help you prevent Clean My Chrome installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your nearest and dearest as they will certainly help you keep the PC protected from Clean My Chrome and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove Clean My Chrome
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator which quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Clean My Chrome manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your system because it gets daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Clean My Chrome (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab