How to remove (uninstall) CloudExtender easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is CloudExtender?
CloudExtender is a malicious app belonging to advertising software. As you agree to install this virus it will set another home page of your browser and annoy you with advertisement. It’s a great challenge to entirely remove this virus as its components and files are stored in the system registry. Users typically download this malicious software with shareware applications or with torrents from the places they are not sure about. Actually, it is another way to earn money for some website owners – they embed dangerous software into the installation file and thus promote it. We advise you not to count on file downloaders too much – please remember that they usually do lots of unwanted things from changing a browser home page to infesting your system with malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, CloudExtender is a realy malicious application.
How to remove CloudExtender Comfortably
There are numerous methods to uninstall CloudExtender from your system. It is better to read the page completely and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the undesired software. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch special CloudExtender Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a single class of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus program that has CloudExtender in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall CloudExtender absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes CloudExtender right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual CloudExtender removing
Step 1. Uninstall CloudExtender from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain CloudExtender in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall CloudExtender from your browser
Remove CloudExtender from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “CloudExtender” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use CloudExtender removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall CloudExtender from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use CloudExtender removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall CloudExtender from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use CloudExtender removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall CloudExtender from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from CloudExtender?
Below you can find some tips that would help you prevent CloudExtender installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your friends and family members just because they will certainly allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from CloudExtender and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and download the app they need. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of CloudExtender
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all kinds of malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to uninstall CloudExtender yourself. It will provide the best level protection to your PC thanks to regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall CloudExtender (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab