How to remove (uninstall) Ex1gent.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Ex1gent.com?
Ex1gent.com is an advertising app that can be dangerous to your computer. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes the browser home page and generates ad pop-ups. It could be a challenge to entirely remove this virus since its components are stored in the system registry. Most users often get this harmful app with free applications or with torrent files from sites they do not really know. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn money for certain owners of websites – they merely add malware into the installation file and thus promote it. A downloader is an application that provides a user with the necessary file, however it also installs various ad offers that are well-known to any user: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser, redirected links, applications that change browser homepage and so on. Ex1gent.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Ex1gent.com Simply
There are many methods to remove Ex1gent.com from the system. You can examine the page completely and perform the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will delete the unwanted adware. According to my experience, the best way is to download and launch effective Ex1gent.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a single kind of computer infections is the most active. You can also run any other antimalware that has Ex1gent.com in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Ex1gent.com absolutely, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Ex1gent.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Ex1gent.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Ex1gent.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Ex1gent.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Ex1gent.com from your browser
Remove Ex1gent.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Ex1gent.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Ex1gent.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Ex1gent.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Ex1gent.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Ex1gent.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Ex1gent.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Ex1gent.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Ex1gent.com?
Here you can see the tips which will help you avoid Ex1gent.com installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your family and friends as they will definitely help you keep your PC secured from Ex1gent.com and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Ex1gent.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller which quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete Ex1gent.com yourself. It provides the best safety of your PC due to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Ex1gent.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab