How to remove (uninstall) FF Guarded Searching easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is FF Guarded Searching?
FF Guarded Searching is an advertising app which can cause harm to your computer. As adware is automatically installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring various annoying ads to it. It could be a challenge to fully delete this virus because its components are installed to the system registry. This malicious app is usually downloaded with free software, torrent files, different patches for PC games and any other free files. People who own websites from time to time try to earn that way and embed malware into the archive with a program that will be downloaded by users. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, but it also installs different offers which are known to any user: malware with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser etc. FF Guarded Searching belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove FF Guarded Searching Easily
There are a lot of ways to uninstall FF Guarded Searching from the system. You can look through the guide entirely and choose the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use special FF Guarded Searching Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single type of malware is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antimalware that has FF Guarded Searching in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall FF Guarded Searching absolutely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes FF Guarded Searching right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual FF Guarded Searching removing
Step 1. Uninstall FF Guarded Searching from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain FF Guarded Searching in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall FF Guarded Searching from your browser
Remove FF Guarded Searching from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “FF Guarded Searching” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use FF Guarded Searching removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall FF Guarded Searching from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use FF Guarded Searching removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall FF Guarded Searching from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use FF Guarded Searching removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall FF Guarded Searching from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from FF Guarded Searching?
Below you can see the recommendations that would help you prevent FF Guarded Searching installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely help you keep the PC safe and protected from FF Guarded Searching and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
How to fully remove FF Guarded Searching
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller that quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove FF Guarded Searching manually. It guarantees the best protection to your system thanks to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall FF Guarded Searching (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab