How to remove (uninstall) FileShareFanatic ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is FileShareFanatic?
FileShareFanatic is adware that can be dangerous to your PC. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page in the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Since this malware is stored in the registry it’s not that easy to remove this adware from your computer. This malware is often downloaded together with free software, torrents, unofficial patches for computer games and any other free apps and files. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to monetize content in such a bad way by adding malware into the archive with an application that will be downloaded by users. A downloader is an application providing you with the sought file, however it also installs different offers that are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, programs changing browser homepage and so forth. By the way, FileShareFanatic is true malware.
How to remove FileShareFanatic Comfortably
There are numerous techniques to uninstall FileShareFanatic from the system. You are welcome to read the guide entirely and perform the effective way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will delete the unwanted adware. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and launch efficient FileShareFanatic Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a single type of malware is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has FileShareFanatic in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall FileShareFanatic 100%, you can install it using this button.
- It removes FileShareFanatic right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual FileShareFanatic removing
Step 1. Uninstall FileShareFanatic from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain FileShareFanatic in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall FileShareFanatic from your browser
Remove FileShareFanatic from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “FileShareFanatic” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use FileShareFanatic removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use FileShareFanatic removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use FileShareFanatic removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from FileShareFanatic?
Below you can see some recommendations that would help you avoid FileShareFanatic installation and browser infection. Feel free to show our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep your computer protected from FileShareFanatic and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember downloading any software it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
How to fully remove FileShareFanatic
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller which easily deletes all kinds of adware and malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not remove FileShareFanatic yourself. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your computer because it downloads regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall FileShareFanatic (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab