How to remove (uninstall) Find Directions effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Find Directions?
Find Directions is a dangerous adware app. Once adware is installed automatically it will set a new browser home page and add different annoying ads to it. Since this malware is kept in the registry it’s not that easy to delete this adware on your computer. A typical situation for getting virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or anything else from from a new source or any other resource offering free content. Owners of websites sometimes try to do content monetization in such a way by adding malicious software into the archive with an application downloaded by users. A downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, however it also brings different offers which are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new homepage in the browser and so forth. Find Directions belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Find Directions Easily
There are several ways to uninstall Find Directions from your PC. It is better to look through the article till the end and choose the needed way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will delete the undesired program. According to my experience, it is better to install and use special Find Directions Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual type of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has Find Directions in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Find Directions completely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Find Directions right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Find Directions removing
Step 1. Uninstall Find Directions from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Find Directions in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Find Directions from your browser
Remove Find Directions from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Find Directions” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Find Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Find Directions from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Find Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Find Directions from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Find Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Find Directions from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Find Directions?
Below you can see the useful recommendations which would help you prevent installation of Find Directions and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your friends and family members since they will really allow you to keep your PC safe and protected from Find Directions and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were looking for. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
How to fully remove Find Directions
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware that quickly removes all types of malicious applications and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to remove Find Directions manually. It provides the highest level of security to your system thanks to daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Find Directions (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab