How to remove (uninstall) Find My Packages easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Find My Packages?
Find My Packages is malicious advertisement software that can infest your PC. As you install this malware it will set a new home page of your browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Since this harmful app is kept in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to remove this adware on your PC. This application is usually downloaded with some free software, torrent files, various patches for video games and any other shareware files. Website owners may attempt to do content monetization in such a bad way by adding malicious software to the installation file of an application downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the needed file, but it also brings different offers which are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new browser starting page and so on. By the way, Find My Packages is true malware.
How to remove Find My Packages Simply
There are numerous ways to remove Find My Packages from your computer. You are welcome to read the article entirely and perform the needed way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will delete the undesired adware. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch special Find My Packages Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single type of malware is the most efficient. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has Find My Packages in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Find My Packages 100%, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Find My Packages right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Find My Packages removing
Step 1. Uninstall Find My Packages from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Find My Packages in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Find My Packages from your browser
Remove Find My Packages from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Find My Packages” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Find My Packages removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Find My Packages from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Find My Packages removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Find My Packages from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Find My Packages removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Find My Packages from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Find My Packages?
Below you will find the useful recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Find My Packages and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your family and friends just because they will definitely allow you to keep your PC protected from Find My Packages and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the app they need. However, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things that are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Find My Packages
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all types of malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete Find My Packages yourself. It will provide the best safety of your computer thanks to daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Find My Packages (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab