How to remove (uninstall) Forgetmylife.info ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Forgetmylife.info?
Forgetmylife.info is malicious software often called adware. After being installed this virus changes your home page and brings ads. Since this harmful app is located in the registry it could be not that simple thing to delete this adware on your PC. Most users usually download such malicious software in the package with various free applications or with torrents from websites they don’t know well. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn money for some of website owners – they embed harmful apps into the file of installation and publish it. A downloader is an application providing a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers that are known to any user: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, redirected links, applications changing homepage in the browser and so forth. Forgetmylife.info belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Forgetmylife.info Easily
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Forgetmylife.info from your PC. It is better to read the guide till the end and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will uninstall the unwanted software. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch efficient Forgetmylife.info Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a individual kind of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus software that has Forgetmylife.info in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Forgetmylife.info absolutely, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Forgetmylife.info right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Forgetmylife.info removing
Step 1. Uninstall Forgetmylife.info from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Forgetmylife.info in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Forgetmylife.info from your browser
Remove Forgetmylife.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Forgetmylife.info” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Forgetmylife.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Forgetmylife.info from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Forgetmylife.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Forgetmylife.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Forgetmylife.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Forgetmylife.info from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Forgetmylife.info?
Here you can see the useful recommendations which would help you avoid Forgetmylife.info installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly help you keep your computer protected from Forgetmylife.info and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things that are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Forgetmylife.info Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller that quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to uninstall Forgetmylife.info manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your system due to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Forgetmylife.info (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab