How to remove (uninstall) Formal Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Formal Search?
Formal Search is a harmful adware app. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page in your browser and irritate you with advertisement. It could be a serious challenge to fully delete this virus because its files are stored in the registry. Most users often download such malicious software in the package with various free applications or with torrents from websites they are not sure about. Adding dangerous programs into any type of apps can be a business of a website owner allowing him to get more. You are suggested to be attentive dealing with different downloaders because they often do lots of bad things including downloading harmful programs, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. Not to exaggerate, Formal Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Formal Search Simply
There are many techniques to uninstall Formal Search from the PC. You are welcome to read the page entirely and choose the needed method. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and launch effective Formal Search Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a separate type of viruses is the most effective. You can also use any other antivirus software that has Formal Search in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Formal Search completely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Formal Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Formal Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Formal Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Formal Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Formal Search from your browser
Remove Formal Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Formal Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Formal Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Formal Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Formal Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Formal Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Formal Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Formal Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Formal Search?
Below you will find the recommendations which will help you avoid Formal Search installation and browser infection. Feel free to show our tips with your family and friends just because they will certainly help you keep your computer protected from Formal Search and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of Formal Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which easily and quickly deletes all types of malware and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to uninstall Formal Search manually as well. It guarantees the best level safety of your PC thanks to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Formal Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab