How to remove (uninstall) GamesFriendly ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is GamesFriendly?
GamesFriendly is a malicious app that belongs to adware. After being installed this virus immediately changes your home page and creates ads. As this malware is located in the registry it’s not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your computer. Users typically get such malicious software in the package with free applications or with torrent files from sites they don’t know well. Frankly speaking, it is a way to get more money for some of owners of websites – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and promote it. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the needed file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in a browser, redirected links, programs that change browser starting page and so forth. Not to exaggerate, GamesFriendly is a realy malicious application.
How to remove GamesFriendly Simply
There are a lot of techniques to remove GamesFriendly from your PC. You are welcome to examine the guide entirely and use the needed way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should mention the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and use efficient GamesFriendly Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate class of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has GamesFriendly in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall GamesFriendly 100%, you can download it using this button.
- It removes GamesFriendly right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual GamesFriendly removing
Step 1. Uninstall GamesFriendly from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain GamesFriendly in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall GamesFriendly from your browser
Remove GamesFriendly from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “GamesFriendly” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use GamesFriendly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall GamesFriendly from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use GamesFriendly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall GamesFriendly from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use GamesFriendly removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall GamesFriendly from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from GamesFriendly?
Here you will see some useful recommendations which would help you prevent GamesFriendly installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your family and friends as they will really allow you to keep your computer secured from GamesFriendly and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and get the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of GamesFriendly
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove GamesFriendly manually as well. It provides the highest level of safety of your PC thanks to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall GamesFriendly (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab