How to remove (uninstall) Getmedia.me adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Getmedia.me?
Getmedia.me is malicious software often called adware. After installation this virus changes your home page and brings popping up advertisement. Virus files get into the registry thus it turns out to be not easy to delete this app. Users usually get such malicious software in the package with free apps or with torrents from sites they are not sure about. Adding malicious software into any type of software builds can be a website owner’s business helping him get more money. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in a browser, link redirections, apps changing homepage in the browser and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Getmedia.me is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Getmedia.me Easily
There are many ways to uninstall Getmedia.me from the PC. You can read the guide entirely and perform the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the programs that will delete the unwanted adware. According to my experience, it is better to install and launch effective Getmedia.me Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a separate class of viruses is the most efficient. You can also install any other antimalware that has Getmedia.me in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Getmedia.me absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Getmedia.me right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Getmedia.me removing
Step 1. Uninstall Getmedia.me from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Getmedia.me in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Getmedia.me from your browser
Remove Getmedia.me from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Getmedia.me” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Getmedia.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Getmedia.me from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Getmedia.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Getmedia.me from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Getmedia.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Getmedia.me from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Getmedia.me?
Below you will see some tips which would help you prevent installation of Getmedia.me and issues with browser. Feel free to share our suggestions with your friends and family members since they will certainly help you keep your PC protected from Getmedia.me and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
How to fully remove Getmedia.me
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which easily removes all types of adware and malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete Getmedia.me manually. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your computer due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Getmedia.me (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab