How to remove (uninstall) Go Maps and Directions adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Go Maps and Directions?
Go Maps and Directions is malware belonging to adware applications. As adware is automatically installed it will change the browser home page and bring various ads to it. As this harmful app is kept in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to uninstall this adware from your PC. A typical situation for downloading virus to to the computer is when you try to download a song or anything else from from a new source or any other resource with free software. Owners of websites sometimes try to monetize content in such a bad way and embed malicious software to the installation file of an application downloaded by users. We suggest that you not count on file downloaders too much – remember that these apps often do many unwanted things from setting the home page of a browser to downloading malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, Go Maps and Directions is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Go Maps and Directions Comfortably
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Go Maps and Directions from the PC. It is better to examine the page entirely and choose the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and use efficient Go Maps and Directions Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a separate class of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has Go Maps and Directions in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Go Maps and Directions absolutely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Go Maps and Directions right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Go Maps and Directions removing
Step 1. Uninstall Go Maps and Directions from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Go Maps and Directions in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Go Maps and Directions from your browser
Remove Go Maps and Directions from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Go Maps and Directions” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Go Maps and Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Go Maps and Directions from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Go Maps and Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Go Maps and Directions from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Go Maps and Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Go Maps and Directions from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Go Maps and Directions?
Here you can find the tips which would help you prevent Go Maps and Directions installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will definitely allow you to keep your PC safe and protected from Go Maps and Directions and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things that are not relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
100% Go Maps and Directions Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to uninstall Go Maps and Directions manually. It provides the highest level of safety of your computer due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Go Maps and Directions (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab