How to remove (uninstall) Googlesearch.me effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Googlesearch.me?
Googlesearch.me is malicious software belonging to adware. After installation this virus quickly changes the browser home page and creates ad pop-ups. As this malware is located in the registry of your system it is not that easy to remove this adware on your PC. This malicious app is usually downloaded with free apps, torrent files, different patches for computer games and other shareware apps and files. Owners of websites may attempt to earn that way by adding malicious software to the installation file of an app that will be downloaded by visitors. A downloader is a program providing you with the needed file, but it also brings different ad offers which are known to all users: malware with annoying pop-up ads in the browser, links with bad redirections, applications that change browser starting page and so forth. By the way, Googlesearch.me is true malware.
How to remove Googlesearch.me Simply
There are numerous ways to uninstall Googlesearch.me from your PC. It is better to read the article entirely and choose the effective removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to find and use efficient Googlesearch.me Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual kind of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antivirus software that has Googlesearch.me in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Googlesearch.me 100%, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes Googlesearch.me right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Googlesearch.me removing
Step 1. Uninstall Googlesearch.me from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Googlesearch.me in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Googlesearch.me from your browser
Remove Googlesearch.me from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Googlesearch.me” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Googlesearch.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Googlesearch.me from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Googlesearch.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Googlesearch.me from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Googlesearch.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Googlesearch.me from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Googlesearch.me?
Here you will see some useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of Googlesearch.me and browser infection. Feel free to show our tips with your nearest and dearest as they will definitely help you keep the PC secured from Googlesearch.me and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and download the app they need. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
100% Googlesearch.me Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware which permanently deletes all types of malicious applications including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to delete Googlesearch.me yourself. It will provide the best level security to your system due to daily updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Googlesearch.me (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab