How to remove (uninstall) GoPlay Search ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is GoPlay Search?
GoPlay Search is an advertising app that can infest your PC. Once adware is installed it will set a new home page in browser and add various ads to it. As this harmful app is kept in the registry of your system it could be not that easy to uninstall this adware on your PC. This software is usually downloaded with free software, torrents, various patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn money for some of website owners – they add malware into the file of installation and publish it. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers which are well-known to users: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser and so forth. Not to exaggerate, GoPlay Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove GoPlay Search Comfortably
There are many methods to uninstall GoPlay Search from the computer. You can read the page completely and choose the effective method. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to find and launch effective GoPlay Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single type of computer infections is the most active. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has GoPlay Search in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove GoPlay Search absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes GoPlay Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual GoPlay Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall GoPlay Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain GoPlay Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall GoPlay Search from your browser
Remove GoPlay Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “GoPlay Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use GoPlay Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall GoPlay Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use GoPlay Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall GoPlay Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use GoPlay Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall GoPlay Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from GoPlay Search?
Here you can find some tips that would help you prevent GoPlay Search installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your family and friends since they will really allow you to keep the computer protected from GoPlay Search and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of GoPlay Search
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to uninstall GoPlay Search yourself. It provides the best level security to your PC thanks to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall GoPlay Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab