How to remove (uninstall) Great4freeapps.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Great4freeapps.com?
Great4freeapps.com is a harmful adware app. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page of the browser and annoy you with advertisement. It’s often a great challenge to completely delete this virus because its components are saved to the system registry. Users typically get this malicious software in the package with shareware applications or with torrents from websites they are not sure about. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn more money for certain owners of websites – they add malware into the file of installation and thus promote it. A downloader is an application providing you with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers that are well-known to all users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, programs that change homepage in the browser and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Great4freeapps.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Great4freeapps.com Simply
There are a lot of ways to remove Great4freeapps.com from the computer. You can examine the page till the end and choose the effective way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will delete the undesired program. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch efficient Great4freeapps.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate class of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has Great4freeapps.com in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Great4freeapps.com absolutely, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes Great4freeapps.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Great4freeapps.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Great4freeapps.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Great4freeapps.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Great4freeapps.com from your browser
Remove Great4freeapps.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Great4freeapps.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Great4freeapps.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Great4freeapps.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Great4freeapps.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Great4freeapps.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Great4freeapps.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Great4freeapps.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Great4freeapps.com?
Here you can find some tips which will help you avoid Great4freeapps.com installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our suggestions with your nearest and dearest as they will really allow you to keep your computer protected from Great4freeapps.com and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things that are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% Great4freeapps.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware uninstaller that easily removes all kinds of malicious applications and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to uninstall Great4freeapps.com manually. It will provide the best protection to your computer because it gets regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Great4freeapps.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab