How to remove (uninstall) Hi.fo adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Hi.fo?
Hi.fo is malicious software that belongs to adware applications. Once adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and add various annoying ads to it. Since this malicious app is kept in the registry it’s not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your computer. A usual example of getting virus to your computer is when you download a song or any other content from a torrents website or any other website with free software. Adding malware into any type of builds is probably a business of a website owner allowing him to earn more money. You are suggested to be attentive with various downloaders because pretty often they do lots of annoying things including downloading malware, changing browser settings and so forth. Hi.fo belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Hi.fo Comfortably
There are many techniques to uninstall Hi.fo from your system. It is better to read the guide entirely and perform the wanted method. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and use effective Hi.fo Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual class of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has Hi.fo in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Hi.fo completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Hi.fo right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Hi.fo removing
Step 1. Uninstall Hi.fo from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Hi.fo in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Hi.fo from your browser
Remove Hi.fo from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Hi.fo” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Hi.fo removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Hi.fo from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Hi.fo removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Hi.fo from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Hi.fo removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Hi.fo from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Hi.fo?
Here you will find the recommendations which will help you avoid Hi.fo installation and browser infection. Feel free to share those advice with your family and friends as they will really allow you to keep the PC secured from Hi.fo and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of Hi.fo
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily deletes all types of adware and malware including those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove Hi.fo yourself. It provides the best level safety of your computer due to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Hi.fo (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab