How to remove (uninstall) Hit Start adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Hit Start?
Hit Start is malicious adware which can be dangerous to your PC. Once adware is automatically installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring lots of ads to it. Virus elements get into the registry therefore it turns out to be not easy to remove such an app. Most users often download such harmful app in the package with free apps or with torrent files from the places they are not sure about. Embedding malicious software into different software builds can be a business of a website owner allowing him to earn more money. We advise you not to rely on download assistants too much – please remember that these apps often do many really bad things from changing a home page in your browser to infesting your system with viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, Hit Start is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Hit Start Simply
There are several ways to remove Hit Start from the system. You are welcome to look through the guide entirely and perform the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and launch special Hit Start Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a single type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Hit Start in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Hit Start completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Hit Start right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Hit Start removing
Step 1. Uninstall Hit Start from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Hit Start in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Hit Start from your browser
Remove Hit Start from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Hit Start” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Hit Start removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Hit Start from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Hit Start removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Hit Start from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Hit Start removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Hit Start from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Hit Start?
Here you will find some recommendations that would help you prevent installation of Hit Start and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from Hit Start and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading anything it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of Hit Start
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not uninstall Hit Start manually as well. It guarantees the best level security to your computer because it downloads regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Hit Start (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab