How to remove (uninstall) Http-Search.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Http-Search.com?
Http-Search.com is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. As adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and bring various annoying ads to it. It’s often a challenge to completely remove this virus because its components and files are saved to the PC registry. A typical example of downloading virus to to the computer is when you try to download a program or any other content from a torrents website or any other website with free applications. People who own websites may try to do content monetization in such a bad way and embed malicious software into the installation file of an application downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is a program providing you with the sought file, but it also brings different ad offers that are known to all users: bad software with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, programs changing browser starting page etc. Not to exaggerate, Http-Search.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Http-Search.com Easily
There are numerous methods to uninstall Http-Search.com from the computer. You can examine the page till the end and use the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will uninstall the undesired program. According to my experience, the best way is to download and run efficient Http-Search.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a single class of malware is the most active. You can also download any other antivirus tool that has Http-Search.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Http-Search.com 100%, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Http-Search.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Http-Search.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Http-Search.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Http-Search.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Http-Search.com from your browser
Remove Http-Search.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Http-Search.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Http-Search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Http-Search.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Http-Search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Http-Search.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Http-Search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Http-Search.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Http-Search.com?
Here you can find some tips which would help you avoid installation of Http-Search.com and browser infection. Feel free to send those advice with your friends and family members as they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from Http-Search.com and other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
Complete removal of Http-Search.com
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware uninstaller which permanently removes all kinds of malicious applications including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete Http-Search.com manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your system thanks to daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Http-Search.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab