How to remove (uninstall) IdleBuddy effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is IdleBuddy?
IdleBuddy is malicious advertisement software that can be dangerous to your computer. Once adware is installed automatically it will set a new home page in browser and bring different annoying ads to it. Since this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it is not that simple thing to remove this adware on your PC. This malicious app is usually downloaded with free programs, torrent files, various patches for video games and any other shareware apps and files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some of website owners – they add malware into the installation file and promote it. A downloader is an app that provides you with the necessary file, however it also installs different ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, redirected links, apps that change homepage in the browser etc. By the way, IdleBuddy is true malware.
How to remove IdleBuddy Simply
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall IdleBuddy from your PC. You are welcome to read the article till the end and choose the needed way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the programs that will delete the undesired adware. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch effective IdleBuddy Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a single type of computer infections is the most effective. You can also download any other antivirus software that has IdleBuddy in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall IdleBuddy 100%, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes IdleBuddy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual IdleBuddy removing
Step 1. Uninstall IdleBuddy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain IdleBuddy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall IdleBuddy from your browser
Remove IdleBuddy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “IdleBuddy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use IdleBuddy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall IdleBuddy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use IdleBuddy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall IdleBuddy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use IdleBuddy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall IdleBuddy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from IdleBuddy?
Here you will find some tips which would help you prevent installation of IdleBuddy and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those advice with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely allow you to keep your computer secured from IdleBuddy and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things that don’t look relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% IdleBuddy Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator that easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not uninstall IdleBuddy yourself. It guarantees the highest level of security to your computer because it gets regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall IdleBuddy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab