How to remove (uninstall) MapsEasy ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is MapsEasy?
MapsEasy is a dangerous advertising program. As you install this malware it will change the home page in the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Virus elements get into the registry therefore it’s not an easy thing to remove this application. This malware is usually downloaded together with some free software, torrents, unofficial patches for computer games and other shareware files. Embedding dangerous programs into any type of software builds could be a website owner’s business helping him get more money. A file downloader is an app providing a user with the needed file, however it also brings different ad offers that are well-known to any user: bad software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps changing browser homepage and so forth. Not to exaggerate, MapsEasy is a realy malicious application.
How to remove MapsEasy Simply
There are numerous methods to uninstall MapsEasy from your computer. You are welcome to examine the guide till the end and use the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the software that will uninstall the undesired software. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use special MapsEasy Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a single class of viruses is the most active. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has MapsEasy in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall MapsEasy 100%, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes MapsEasy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MapsEasy removing
Step 1. Uninstall MapsEasy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MapsEasy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MapsEasy from your browser
Remove MapsEasy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MapsEasy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MapsEasy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MapsEasy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MapsEasy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MapsEasy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MapsEasy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MapsEasy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MapsEasy?
Below you can see some recommendations which will help you prevent MapsEasy installation and browser infection. Feel free to share our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will really allow you to keep your computer protected from MapsEasy and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to scan your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of MapsEasy
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that easily deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete MapsEasy manually as well. It provides the best protection to your PC because it downloads daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall MapsEasy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab