How to remove (uninstall) MediaNewPage easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is MediaNewPage?
MediaNewPage is malware often called advertising software. As you install this malware it will set a new home page of your browser and drive you mad with ads. As this malware is located in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to remove this adware from your PC. This malicious app is typically downloaded together with free programs, torrents, different patches for PC games and other shareware files. Actually, it is a way to earn money for certain owners of websites – they embed malware into the file of installation and publish it. A downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to all users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, link redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage etc. By the way, MediaNewPage is true malware.
How to remove MediaNewPage Simply
There are many ways to uninstall MediaNewPage from your PC. You are welcome to examine the page completely and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to install and launch effective MediaNewPage Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a single kind of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antimalware that has MediaNewPage in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall MediaNewPage completely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes MediaNewPage right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MediaNewPage removing
Step 1. Uninstall MediaNewPage from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MediaNewPage in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MediaNewPage from your browser
Remove MediaNewPage from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MediaNewPage” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MediaNewPage removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MediaNewPage from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MediaNewPage removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MediaNewPage from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MediaNewPage removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MediaNewPage from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MediaNewPage?
Here you can see the useful recommendations that would help you avoid MediaNewPage installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will definitely help you keep your PC protected from MediaNewPage and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of MediaNewPage
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator which easily and quickly removes all types of malware and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove MediaNewPage yourself. It guarantees the best level protection to your system because it gets regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall MediaNewPage (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab