How to remove (uninstall) MessengerNow adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is MessengerNow?
MessengerNow is a harmful adware app. As you agree to install this virus it will set another home page in the browser and annoy you with ads. Since this malicious app is stored in the system registry it’s not that easy to uninstall this adware on your computer. This software is usually downloaded in the bunch with free software, torrents, various patches for computer games and other shareware apps and files. Adding malware into any type of apps could be a business of a website owner allowing him to get more money. A downloader is an application that provides a user with the necessary file, however it also installs various ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs setting a new browser starting page and so on. MessengerNow belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove MessengerNow Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall MessengerNow from the PC. You are welcome to look through the guide completely and use the effective method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and use efficient MessengerNow Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also run any other antimalware that has MessengerNow in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall MessengerNow 100%, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes MessengerNow right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MessengerNow removing
Step 1. Uninstall MessengerNow from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MessengerNow in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MessengerNow from your browser
Remove MessengerNow from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MessengerNow” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MessengerNow removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MessengerNow from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MessengerNow removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MessengerNow from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MessengerNow removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MessengerNow from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MessengerNow?
Below you can see some tips that will help you prevent MessengerNow installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our suggestions with your family and friends since they will certainly help you keep your computer safe and protected from MessengerNow and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
100% MessengerNow Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most effective eliminator of malware that easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete MessengerNow yourself. It guarantees the best level security to your PC because it gets daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall MessengerNow (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab