How to remove (uninstall) MoneyFriend ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is MoneyFriend?
MoneyFriend is adware which can infest your PC. As adware is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and bring different ads to it. As this malicious app is located in the system registry it is not that easy to delete this adware from your computer. A habitual example of obtaining virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or other kind of content from torrents or any other resource with free applications. People who own websites sometimes attempt to monetize content in such a way by adding malware into the installation file of a program that will be downloaded by users. A downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, but it also brings various ad offers which are well-known to all users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, redirected links, programs setting a new browser starting page and so on. By the way, MoneyFriend is true malware.
How to remove MoneyFriend Comfortably
There are many ways to uninstall MoneyFriend from the computer. You can read the page till the end and choose the needed removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will delete the undesired software. According to my experience, the best way is to install and use efficient MoneyFriend Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a separate type of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus tool that has MoneyFriend in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove MoneyFriend 100%, you can get it using this button.
- It removes MoneyFriend right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MoneyFriend removing
Step 1. Uninstall MoneyFriend from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MoneyFriend in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MoneyFriend from your browser
Remove MoneyFriend from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MoneyFriend” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MoneyFriend removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MoneyFriend from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MoneyFriend removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MoneyFriend from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MoneyFriend removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MoneyFriend from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MoneyFriend?
Here you will find the recommendations which will help you avoid installation of MoneyFriend and browser infection. Feel free to show those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely help you keep the computer safe and protected from MoneyFriend and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
Complete removal of MoneyFriend
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all types of malicious applications including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete MoneyFriend manually. It will provide the best level security to your system due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall MoneyFriend (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab