How to remove (uninstall) MovieBox Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is MovieBox Search?
MovieBox Search is a malicious app belonging to adware applications. After installation process is over this virus changes the home page and generates ad pop-ups. Virus elements move into the system registry therefore it’s not an easy thing to delete such an app. A typical situation for obtaining virus to to the computer is when you download a song or any other content from a torrents website or any other website with free software. Website owners may try to do content monetization in such a way and embed malware into the archive with a program downloaded by users. A downloader is an app providing you with the necessary file, nevertheless it also installs various offers that are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new browser starting page etc. Not to exaggerate, MovieBox Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove MovieBox Search Comfortably
There are many techniques to remove MovieBox Search from your PC. You can look through the guide completely and perform the wanted method. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will delete the unwanted software. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch efficient MovieBox Search Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a individual class of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to install any other antimalware that has MovieBox Search in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove MovieBox Search absolutely, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes MovieBox Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MovieBox Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall MovieBox Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MovieBox Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MovieBox Search from your browser
Remove MovieBox Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MovieBox Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MovieBox Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MovieBox Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MovieBox Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MovieBox Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MovieBox Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MovieBox Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MovieBox Search?
Here you can see the useful recommendations which would help you prevent MovieBox Search installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share our suggestions with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep your computer secured from MovieBox Search and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
100% MovieBox Search Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller that easily deletes all types of adware and malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete MovieBox Search manually as well. It guarantees the best safety of your system because it gets daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall MovieBox Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab