How to remove (uninstall) Nav-search.com easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Nav-search.com?
Nav-search.com is malicious software that belongs to advertising software. After installation this virus changes your home page and brings popping up advertisement. Since this harmful app is stored in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to uninstall this adware from your PC. This application is usually downloaded with free software, torrent files, unofficial patches for PC games and other free files. Owners of websites may try to monetize content in such a way by adding malicious software to the installation file of an app downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an app providing you with the sought file, but it also brings various ad offers that are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage and so forth. Nav-search.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Nav-search.com Comfortably
There are many ways to remove Nav-search.com from the PC. You are welcome to read the article entirely and choose the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted software. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and launch special Nav-search.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a separate class of viruses is the most efficient. You are welcome also to install any other antimalware that has Nav-search.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Nav-search.com completely, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes Nav-search.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Nav-search.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Nav-search.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Nav-search.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Nav-search.com from your browser
Remove Nav-search.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Nav-search.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Nav-search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Nav-search.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Nav-search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Nav-search.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Nav-search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Nav-search.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Nav-search.com?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Nav-search.com and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep your computer secured from Nav-search.com and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Nav-search.com
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to uninstall Nav-search.com manually. It provides the best security to your system thanks to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Nav-search.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab