How to remove (uninstall) Notification.media adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Notification.media?
Notification.media is a harmful adware app. Once adware is installed automatically it will change your browser home page and add lots of ads to it. It’s often a challenge to completely remove this virus as its components and files are installed to the system registry. This malware is typically downloaded in the bunch with some free software, torrents, different patches for video games and any other free files. Inserting dangerous programs into various apps can be a business the website owner runs letting him get more money. A file downloader is a program providing you with the needed file, but it also installs different offers which are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, link redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser etc. Not to exaggerate, Notification.media is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Notification.media Simply
There are many ways to uninstall Notification.media from the computer. You are welcome to read the article entirely and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run effective Notification.media Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual kind of viruses is the most effective. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has Notification.media in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Notification.media completely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Notification.media right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Notification.media removing
Step 1. Uninstall Notification.media from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Notification.media in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Notification.media from your browser
Remove Notification.media from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Notification.media” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Notification.media removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Notification.media from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Notification.media removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Notification.media from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Notification.media removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Notification.media from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Notification.media?
Here you will see the useful recommendations that would help you avoid Notification.media installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our advice with your nearest and dearest as they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from Notification.media and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Notification.media
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all kinds of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete Notification.media manually. It guarantees the best security to your PC because it downloads regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Notification.media (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab