How to remove (uninstall) OnlinePrivacy (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is OnlinePrivacy?
OnlinePrivacy is adware that can infest your computer. After installation this virus immediately changes the browser home page and brings popping up advertisement. As this malware is stored in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to uninstall this adware from your computer. A typical example of downloading virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or any other content from from a new source or any other site with free content. Actually, it is a way to get more money for some website owners – they merely add harmful apps into the installation file and thus promote it. It makes sense to be attentive and careful with various file downloaders as quite often they do lots of annoying things including downloading harmful programs, changing browser settings and so forth. By the way, OnlinePrivacy is true malware.
How to remove OnlinePrivacy Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall OnlinePrivacy from the computer. You can read the guide completely and perform the wanted method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the programs that will uninstall the undesired program. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and launch efficient OnlinePrivacy Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a individual kind of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus tool that has OnlinePrivacy in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall OnlinePrivacy completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes OnlinePrivacy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual OnlinePrivacy removing
Step 1. Uninstall OnlinePrivacy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain OnlinePrivacy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall OnlinePrivacy from your browser
Remove OnlinePrivacy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “OnlinePrivacy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use OnlinePrivacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall OnlinePrivacy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use OnlinePrivacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall OnlinePrivacy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use OnlinePrivacy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall OnlinePrivacy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from OnlinePrivacy?
Here you can see the recommendations which would help you prevent installation of OnlinePrivacy and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your nearest and dearest since they will really allow you to keep your computer protected from OnlinePrivacy and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are unneeded and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% OnlinePrivacy Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator which permanently removes all types of malicious applications and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete OnlinePrivacy manually as well. It guarantees the best protection to your computer due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall OnlinePrivacy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab