How to remove (uninstall) OptiBuy adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is OptiBuy?
OptiBuy is malicious software often called adware. As you let adware install it will change the home page in your browser and annoy you with advertisement. It’s a challenge to entirely delete this virus because its files are installed to the PC registry. A habitual example of obtaining virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource with free content. People who own websites from time to time attempt to earn that way by embedding malicious software into the archive with an app that will be downloaded by visitors. We recommend you not to rely on download assistants too much – please remember that these apps typically do many really bad things from setting the home page of a browser to downloading viruses and malware. By the way, OptiBuy is true malware.
How to remove OptiBuy Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall OptiBuy from the computer. You can examine the guide till the end and use the effective method. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will delete the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch efficient OptiBuy Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus software that has OptiBuy in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall OptiBuy absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes OptiBuy right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual OptiBuy removing
Step 1. Uninstall OptiBuy from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain OptiBuy in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall OptiBuy from your browser
Remove OptiBuy from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “OptiBuy” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use OptiBuy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall OptiBuy from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use OptiBuy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall OptiBuy from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use OptiBuy removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall OptiBuy from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from OptiBuy?
Here you can see the recommendations which would help you prevent OptiBuy installation and browser infection. Feel free to send those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from OptiBuy and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things which don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove OptiBuy
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which quickly deletes all types of malicious applications and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall OptiBuy manually. It will provide the best level safety of your PC due to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall OptiBuy (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab