How to remove (uninstall) Optimalsearch.me ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Optimalsearch.me?
Optimalsearch.me is malicious adware which can be harmful to your PC. As adware is installed automatically it will set a new browser home page and bring different annoying ads to it. Since this malware is stored in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your PC. Most users typically get this malicious software in the package with free apps or with torrent files from sites they do not really know. Website owners may try to monetize content in such a bad way and embed malware to the installation file of an application downloaded by users. A downloader is an app providing you with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps changing homepage in the browser etc. Optimalsearch.me belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Optimalsearch.me Simply
There are many ways to uninstall Optimalsearch.me from your PC. It is better to read the guide completely and perform the needed removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch effective Optimalsearch.me Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single type of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has Optimalsearch.me in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Optimalsearch.me completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Optimalsearch.me right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Optimalsearch.me removing
Step 1. Uninstall Optimalsearch.me from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Optimalsearch.me in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Optimalsearch.me from your browser
Remove Optimalsearch.me from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Optimalsearch.me” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Optimalsearch.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Optimalsearch.me from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Optimalsearch.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Optimalsearch.me from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Optimalsearch.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Optimalsearch.me from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Optimalsearch.me?
Here you will see some useful recommendations that would help you prevent Optimalsearch.me installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share those advice with your family and friends as they will certainly help you keep the PC protected from Optimalsearch.me and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
100% Optimalsearch.me Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not remove Optimalsearch.me manually. It provides the best level protection to your computer thanks to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Optimalsearch.me (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab