How to remove (uninstall) Ouo.io adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Ouo.io?
Ouo.io is malicious advertisement software which can be harmful to your PC. As adware is installed it will set a new browser home page and bring various annoying ads to it. It’s often a serious challenge to completely delete this virus as its files are saved to the system registry. Most users usually download this malware in the package with free software or with torrent files from websites they are not sure about. People who own websites may attempt to monetize content that way by adding malicious software to the installation file of an application downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, but it also brings different ad offers that are known to users: malware with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, applications changing homepage in the browser and so forth. By the way, Ouo.io is true malware.
How to remove Ouo.io Comfortably
There are many techniques to uninstall Ouo.io from your system. You can examine the article till the end and perform the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. According to my experience, it is better to find and use effective Ouo.io Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a single type of malware is the most active. It is also possible to install any other antivirus tool that has Ouo.io in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Ouo.io completely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Ouo.io right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Ouo.io removing
Step 1. Uninstall Ouo.io from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Ouo.io in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Ouo.io from your browser
Remove Ouo.io from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Ouo.io” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Ouo.io removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Ouo.io from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Ouo.io removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Ouo.io from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Ouo.io removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Ouo.io from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Ouo.io?
Here you will find the tips which will help you avoid installation of Ouo.io and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your family and friends as they will definitely help you keep the PC secured from Ouo.io and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and get the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove Ouo.io
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that permanently deletes all types of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to delete Ouo.io manually. It provides the best safety of your PC because it downloads daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Ouo.io (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab