How to remove (uninstall) PC Accelerator effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is PC Accelerator?
PC Accelerator is a malicious app that belongs to adware applications. As you let adware install it will change the home page in the browser and annoy you with advertisement. Virus elements move into the registry and it is not easy to delete such an app. Users typically download such malicious software in the package with free applications or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Owners of websites may attempt to monetize content in such a bad way by adding malicious software into the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, however it also installs different ad offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser and so forth. PC Accelerator belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove PC Accelerator Easily
There are several techniques to uninstall PC Accelerator from your system. It is better to look through the page entirely and choose the needed way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to find and launch efficient PC Accelerator Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has PC Accelerator in the signature base. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove PC Accelerator completely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes PC Accelerator right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual PC Accelerator removing
Step 1. Uninstall PC Accelerator from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PC Accelerator in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PC Accelerator from your browser
Remove PC Accelerator from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PC Accelerator” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PC Accelerator removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PC Accelerator from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PC Accelerator removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PC Accelerator from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PC Accelerator removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PC Accelerator from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PC Accelerator?
Below you will find some useful recommendations which will help you avoid PC Accelerator installation and issues with browser. Feel free to show our suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer safe and protected from PC Accelerator and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
Complete removal of PC Accelerator
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware uninstaller that easily deletes all types of adware and malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete PC Accelerator yourself. It provides the highest level of protection to your computer thanks to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall PC Accelerator (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab