How to remove (uninstall) People Search effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is People Search?
People Search is an advertising app that can be dangerous to your computer. Once adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and add different annoying ads to it. Virus components move to the system registry therefore it’s not an easy task to remove this app. A typical situation for downloading virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or any other content from from a new source or any other website offering free software. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they add harmful apps into the file of installation and publish it. A file downloader is an app providing a user with the necessary file, but it also installs different offers which are known to users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser, link redirections, programs changing browser starting page and so forth. By the way, People Search is true malware.
How to remove People Search Simply
There are several ways to remove People Search from the PC. You can look through the page till the end and perform the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to install and use special People Search Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single kind of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antivirus program that has People Search in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove People Search completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes People Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual People Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall People Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain People Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall People Search from your browser
Remove People Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “People Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use People Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall People Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use People Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall People Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use People Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall People Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from People Search?
Below you can find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of People Search and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep the PC protected from People Search and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and download the program they were looking for. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to scan your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
How to fully remove People Search
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller that permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to remove People Search manually as well. It provides the best security to your system due to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall People Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab