How to remove (uninstall) Platf.pro ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Platf.pro?
Platf.pro is a harmful advertising program. As adware is installed automatically it will change your home page in browser and add a lot of annoying ads to it. As this malicious app is stored in the system registry it’s not that easy to uninstall this adware on your PC. A typical situation for getting virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or any other content from from a new source or any other site offering free content. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to earn in such a way by adding malicious software to the installation file of an application that will be downloaded by users. We recommend you not to rely on download assistants too much – keep in mind that these apps typically do lots of really bad things from setting a browser home page to downloading to your PC adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, Platf.pro is true malware.
How to remove Platf.pro Comfortably
There are many ways to uninstall Platf.pro from the computer. You can read the guide till the end and use the wanted method. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted software. According to my experience, it is better to find and use efficient Platf.pro Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has Platf.pro in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Platf.pro completely, you can install it using this button.
- It removes Platf.pro right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Platf.pro removing
Step 1. Uninstall Platf.pro from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Platf.pro in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Platf.pro from your browser
Remove Platf.pro from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Platf.pro” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Platf.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Platf.pro from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Platf.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Platf.pro from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Platf.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Platf.pro from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Platf.pro?
Here you can see some tips that will help you avoid Platf.pro installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your friends and family members since they will certainly help you keep your computer protected from Platf.pro and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are not relevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove Platf.pro
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware uninstaller which quickly deletes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to delete Platf.pro manually. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your computer because it downloads regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Platf.pro (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab