How to remove (uninstall) Popwebfun.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Popwebfun.com?
Popwebfun.com is a malicious app belonging to advertising software. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes the home page and generates popping up advertisement. As this malicious app is kept in the registry it’s not that easy to delete this adware on your computer. Users usually download this malware in the package with shareware software or with torrents from the places they don’t know well. Embedding malicious software into various builds is probably a website owner’s business allowing him to get more money. We recommend you not to count on downloaders too much – remember that they often do many really bad things – for instance, from setting a home page of a browser to downloading adware, malware and even viruses. Not to exaggerate, Popwebfun.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Popwebfun.com Easily
There are several ways to uninstall Popwebfun.com from your system. You are welcome to read the article entirely and choose the wanted method. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and launch efficient Popwebfun.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a separate type of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus tool that has Popwebfun.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Popwebfun.com 100%, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes Popwebfun.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Popwebfun.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Popwebfun.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Popwebfun.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Popwebfun.com from your browser
Remove Popwebfun.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Popwebfun.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Popwebfun.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Popwebfun.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Popwebfun.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Popwebfun.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Popwebfun.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Popwebfun.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Popwebfun.com?
Here you can find some recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Popwebfun.com and issues with browser. Feel free to share our tips with your friends and family members just because they will really allow you to keep the PC safe and protected from Popwebfun.com and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of Popwebfun.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which quickly deletes all kinds of malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Popwebfun.com manually as well. It will provide the best safety of your system because it downloads daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Popwebfun.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab