How to remove (uninstall) Power Handler effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Power Handler?
Power Handler is malware belonging to adware applications. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page in your browser and annoy you with ads. It’s often a serious challenge to completely remove this virus since its files are installed to the PC registry. Most users usually get this harmful app in the package with various free apps or with torrent files from sites they are not sure about. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some of website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the file of installation and thus promote it. You are advised to be attentive and careful dealing with various file downloaders as quite often they do countless unneeded things for example downloading malware, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. Power Handler belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Power Handler Simply
There are several techniques to uninstall Power Handler from your system. It is better to look through the guide completely and perform the wanted method. Speaking about the easiest and the fastest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to install and run efficient Power Handler Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antivirus tool that has Power Handler in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Power Handler absolutely, you can install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Power Handler right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Power Handler removing
Step 1. Uninstall Power Handler from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Power Handler in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Power Handler from your browser
Remove Power Handler from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Power Handler” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Power Handler removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Power Handler from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Power Handler removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Power Handler from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Power Handler removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Power Handler from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Power Handler?
Below you can find some tips that will help you avoid Power Handler installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your friends and family members since they will definitely allow you to keep your PC protected from Power Handler and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove Power Handler
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all types of malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to remove Power Handler manually as well. It will provide the best level protection to your computer because it downloads regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Power Handler (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab