How to remove (uninstall) PowerfulSearch.net easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is PowerfulSearch.net?
PowerfulSearch.net is a malicious app often called adware. As you let adware install it will set another home page of your browser and drive you mad with ads. As this harmful app is located in the registry it’s not that simple thing to delete this adware on your PC. Most users often get this harmful app in the package with free software or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Frankly speaking, it is a way to get more money for some of owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the build and publish it. We advise you not to rely on downloaders too much – keep in mind that these apps usually do many unwanted things from replacing the home page in your browser to infesting your system with malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, PowerfulSearch.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove PowerfulSearch.net Simply
There are several ways to uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from the PC. You are welcome to read the page completely and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and use special PowerfulSearch.net Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antimalware that has PowerfulSearch.net in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall PowerfulSearch.net 100%, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes PowerfulSearch.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual PowerfulSearch.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PowerfulSearch.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from your browser
Remove PowerfulSearch.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PowerfulSearch.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PowerfulSearch.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PowerfulSearch.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PowerfulSearch.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PowerfulSearch.net?
Below you will find the recommendations that will help you avoid installation of PowerfulSearch.net and browser infection. Feel free to show those tips with your family and friends as they will really help you keep your computer protected from PowerfulSearch.net and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
Complete removal of PowerfulSearch.net
Spyhunter is probably the most effective eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all types of malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to uninstall PowerfulSearch.net manually as well. It provides the best safety of your computer due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall PowerfulSearch.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab