How to remove (uninstall) PPTX (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is PPTX?
PPTX is a harmful advertising program. After being installed this virus immediately changes your home page and creates popping up advertisement. As this malicious app is kept in the registry it is not that simple thing to remove this adware from your PC. This application is usually downloaded in the bunch with some free apps, torrent files, unofficial patches for PC games and other free apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is a way to get more money for some of website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, but it also installs various ad offers which are well-known to all users: unneeded software with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps changing browser starting page and so on. Not to exaggerate, PPTX is a realy malicious application.
How to remove PPTX Comfortably
There are many techniques to remove PPTX from the system. It is better to examine the article entirely and perform the effective way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will delete the unwanted software. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run efficient PPTX Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single type of computer infections is the most effective. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has PPTX in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall PPTX 100%, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes PPTX right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual PPTX removing
Step 1. Uninstall PPTX from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PPTX in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PPTX from your browser
Remove PPTX from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PPTX” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PPTX removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PPTX from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PPTX removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PPTX from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PPTX removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PPTX from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PPTX?
Here you will find the recommendations which would help you avoid PPTX installation and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your friends and family members since they will certainly help you keep your computer secured from PPTX and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove PPTX
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller which quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not delete PPTX manually. It will provide the best safety of your computer thanks to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall PPTX (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab