How to remove (uninstall) Protonsurvey.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Protonsurvey.com?
Protonsurvey.com is a dangerous advertising program. Once adware is installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring lots of annoying ads to it. It’s often a great challenge to entirely remove this virus because its components and files are saved to the PC registry. A typical situation for downloading virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a song or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other site offering free software. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for some of website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the file of installation and thus promote it. It’s worth being attentive and careful dealing with various file downloaders since they often do lots of unneeded things for example downloading malicious software, breaking browser settings and so forth. Protonsurvey.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Protonsurvey.com Easily
There are many ways to uninstall Protonsurvey.com from your computer. It is better to look through the guide till the end and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and use efficient Protonsurvey.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a individual type of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has Protonsurvey.com in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Protonsurvey.com absolutely, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Protonsurvey.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Protonsurvey.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Protonsurvey.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Protonsurvey.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Protonsurvey.com from your browser
Remove Protonsurvey.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Protonsurvey.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Protonsurvey.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Protonsurvey.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Protonsurvey.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Protonsurvey.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Protonsurvey.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Protonsurvey.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Protonsurvey.com?
Here you can find some tips which will help you avoid installation of Protonsurvey.com and browser infection. Feel free to share those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from Protonsurvey.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Protonsurvey.com
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator that easily deletes all types of malicious applications including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Protonsurvey.com manually as well. It provides the highest level of protection to your computer because it gets regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Protonsurvey.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab